Saturday, July 5, 2008

Phones and Lists

Abt getting a new phone.... sometimes it's just easier to talk abt when Walt isn't around. hehehe He hates the idea of a cell phone in the first place so to buy a new one isn't important to him. Colleen is ready for a new phone next week. She & I have been studying lots of dif kinds. Want to get the best feeling one and the best one I can hear out of. When the time is right we will be getting a new one. We don't need it to have internet on it but do like the ones that you can get VZNavigator on (something you pay extra for - maps to places). That might be helpful in my job and our travels. Camera phones are nice, but it's easier for me to get pics off my camera to the computer than it would be from the phone to the computer. I keep looking at newer laptops than my antique, but so far nothing is out there that I can afford.
We (all of us) were laid low by the air pressure changing. We actually did little other than nap, eat, watch tv, water the container plants outside and read. We were in bed after the news. B & J had invited us up to their house for a BBQ and close proximity to Sugar House park for fireworks, but the idea of being around a drunk who is self centered was too much for us to deal with. We really didn't want to have to navigate thru hordes of traffic afterwards. So we just enjoyed the neighbors driveway festivities. Besides, at 102F, we don't do well outside.
I love lists... I make lots of them. And actually get lots more done that way. Don't forget to put "check emails" on your list...

2 comments:

  1. Karen, My family keeps telling me that I need a new cell phone. But I am reluctant to spend any money on one. Mine works fine, it just has a problem with the cover that holds the battery in falling off every now and then. It doesn't bug me enough to flip for a new one. I have tried Bryan's Blackberry phone. He loves it. I don't think I'd like one for me though. It is too square, and I can't see the tiny writing on the little buttons. My eyes are going more every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing our Dad did for us was instill how to investigate things. Ok, sometimes I'm more impulsive than others, but in this case we did some hands on touchy feely with several models. We had printed out a list of what specials were online and took it with us to the store (Verizon) to compare prices. They do differ from store to online. We decided at this point to look at the flip phones that are free right now online. Narrowed it down to 3 but still have to look a bit more. Some friends have more luck online at Ebay buying phones, but I haven't stepped that far out of the box for a phone. Hmmmmm it's an idea though.

    ReplyDelete