Friday, November 2, 2007

Do you measure up?

1 cup = 16 tablespoons
Half of 1 cup = 8 tablespoons
3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons
Half of 3/4 cup = 6 tablespoons
1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons
Half of 1/2 cup = 4 tablespoons
1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
Half of 1/3 cup = 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons
Half of 1/4 cup = 2 tablespoons
1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons
Half of 1/8 cup = 1 tablespoon
1/2 tablespoon = 1-1/2 teaspoons

One thing I'm learning how to do is use smaller portions when I cook. There are only 3 of us here and I seem to cook for a large group. Even left overs get lost in the frig. So I'm trying new recipes for 2-3 and I found this chart that is very helpful for someone who is mathematically challenged.

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    We're still cooking for six here, and our 12 year old boys appetite has recently caught up with his father's. I think by my next birthday he'll be as tall as I am.

    I like your posts and I love your fun colorful blog. And who knows, one of these days I may need to know how many tablespoons are in a half cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen. I am used to cooking for a large amount too. It's been hard for me to change my ways. I was raised with 9 younger siblings, then I went to a family of 6. But now, it is uaually only Bryan and Travis and I that I cook for. Kayla still lives here, but eats at friends often. I'm trying to get in the habit of only cooking for 3 now.

    ReplyDelete