Sunday, July 6, 2008

Red, White & Blue

This year has been very abundant for fruit crops for us. We harvested close to 10c of fresh, sweet yet tart strawberries. The plants were planted abt 4-5 years ago and this is the first time to get such a bumper crop. Of course, they didn't all come at once so eating them was the best option. Some on cereal, some in drinks, some just as candy and some in desserts. As the commercial says "I'm lovin it".
The next crop of fruit to come on was cherries. They are the neighbors tree, but a branch hung over in our yard and after talking to them, that branch was OURs to pick. YEAH. They aren't as sweet as I'd like but they were good anyway.
I am still working on eating all the blueberries that were picked last summer and am so looking forward to a new crop. Should be in late Aug or so. I love eating frozen blueberries the best. More healthy candy type fruits. For breakfast on the 4th of Jul, I have cereal with strawberries (red), blueberries (blue) and milk (white). That was the most colorful breakfast I've had in a long time. "I'm lovin it".

1 comment:

  1. That is cool! I'm jealous! I'd be loving it too. I should try to get some fruit growing around here.

    ReplyDelete