Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dad making his kite

Dad learned to sew from his Mom who was a professional seamstress in her day... Dad can sew many things including his kite creations.
Colleen flying one of her many kites during a dry spell on her trip. (can you imagine, some people even fly kites in the rain. Yuk.)
You could go fishing when kite flying was feasible....


Dad flying one of his award winning kites. He received first place for this kite - it's a Cody style. He made this one himself also.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, That's so coool! What a unique hobby and talent! I'm glad that I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I didn't realize that your family was so talented in such a fun hobby. That is great. The kites are beautiful. That makes me want to fly a kite. I'll have to get one and have my husband take me out on a kite flying date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying kites is one of my favorite things to do in the world. What a cool dad you have! You must be a super sweet kite flying machine!

    ReplyDelete